It's been a month since I tuned in here, a month of a lot of trials! First, I messed up my right hand in a fall--no broken bones, but might as well have been. I'm in a splint for 4-6 weeks. Makes all my (right-handed) activities difficult. Then I conracted iritis (again) and have been taking two kinds of eyedrops to fix that. Then, my ankyling spondylitis acted up and I am having trouble walking. Don't ever take your good health for granted, even your ability to see, and walk, and itch your nose!
Piecework in progress is the name of this blog, because I always have piecework (and peacework) to do. It's always in ptogress, and when one piece is done, there is another to do. That can be daunting, but it can also be upifting, inspiring. It is not the destination that is important, but the journey. That means it is not so important to finish, but it is important to keep working at whatever your chosen task is.
I believe we are here, alive, for a purpose, or at least that living with a purpose will make one's life happier and satisfying. Discovering your purpose may be tricky, and may not be easy to discover. I don't think one's purpose is a general thing, like to be kind, or do good works, although that may be part of one's purpose and may bring a person great happiness.Neither, however, is it a specific thing, like to be in X place at X time. It is not destiny--I don't believe in predestination, or in an all-powerful god playing chess with our lives.
What is my purpose? Sometimes it is eaier to say what it is NOT:
to be a public figure
to be a judge
to be a martyr for a cause
to be a narcissist.
I feel like I need to add some happiness to the world, to at least one person in this world. I don't need to be remembered by the world, just by one person or two, for being loving and nurturing.
What does piecework have to do with my purpose? I haven't a clue.
No comments:
Post a Comment