Friday, July 6, 2012
Taking care
Moms take care of evryone, don't they? And it is so comforting to know as you take care of your brood, that YOUR mom is there to take care of you. I became a new grandm in October 2010, a month after Mom had a stroke, from which she died two months later. I had so many questions about how to be a good grandmother. Of course, I had her example of some thirty years to use as an example, but until you are in the same situation, you don't knpw what questions you will have, what will be important to remember. How very much I have wanted to talk to Mom these last two years, to ask her how she did it, and what I should be doing differently. I have needed some mothering, some reassurance and si=ome pointers. I'm so glad Mom was around as long as she was to give me such a strong example to follow. I just wish I could be mothered one ore day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment